Being Citybroke is about perspective. It’s about seeing glitter in the gutter and a sense of humor when life is giving you everything you don’t exactly want and you’re hanging on for a dream that you sometimes can’t remember.
It’s not sales or survival - it’s an electronic letter from the trenches. It’s what suits who make $60K in at age 24 can’t even imagine. It’s Freedom. It’s Poverty. It’s Broken. It’s Beautiful.

Thursday, November 15, 2007

New Report - Gift Cards are NOT the Perfect Gift

Consumer Reports has just announced that gift cards are stupid gifts to give . I concur! Last year on New Year's I got my wallet, um, stolen, and lost $100 to DSW, $50 to B&N, and about $200 to Nordstrom's. No biggie on my ID, I want that money back! In 2006 over $8 billion in gift cards went unused. So don't know what to give that has-everything person - just give them hard, cold cash people!

Also, I have to mention that the attached is on Consumer Reports' page...I'm not sure what genius thought of having them write a letter to the shopper as an image, but bravo!

No comments: