Being Citybroke is about perspective. It’s about seeing glitter in the gutter and a sense of humor when life is giving you everything you don’t exactly want and you’re hanging on for a dream that you sometimes can’t remember.
It’s not sales or survival - it’s an electronic letter from the trenches. It’s what suits who make $60K in at age 24 can’t even imagine. It’s Freedom. It’s Poverty. It’s Broken. It’s Beautiful.

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Sperm Mentality vs Egg Mentality

I was out Friday until the early morning and seated next to a halfwit on his first trip to New York City. I suddenly slid back into consciousness when I heard him say, "I mean, I don't care if I hit on ten girls if one of them gives me their number. I don't even care if we break up after a few months unless she's super hot." His drunken blabber sparked an epiphany. I said to him, "Because you have a sperm mentality." His brow furrowed and I explained. "I'm selective about who I even like, and if we break up, (and I'm not the breaker) it's a big deal. Biologically I have a limited number of eggs and my biological clock is ticking - in a parellel way I take dating relatively seriously. You on the other hand, have invested almost nothing and your sperm is nearly exponential." He stared at me blankly and smiling slowly said, "Exactly."

No comments: