Being Citybroke is about perspective. It’s about seeing glitter in the gutter and a sense of humor when life is giving you everything you don’t exactly want and you’re hanging on for a dream that you sometimes can’t remember.
It’s not sales or survival - it’s an electronic letter from the trenches. It’s what suits who make $60K in at age 24 can’t even imagine. It’s Freedom. It’s Poverty. It’s Broken. It’s Beautiful.

Friday, November 2, 2007

Knock Yourself Up OR I Do What I Want

Louise Sloan has just published a book called Knock Yourself Up about finally giving into single-dom and having a child on her own. This is probably the best title I've seen all year. Although I'm pretty sure my biological clock hasn't even been turned on yet, if it ever does start doing that "tick, tick, tick" thing women over 35 complain about, I'm pretty sure I'm not over a test tube and a closed door. Here's to you Ms. Sloan, just wait until your son asks you about the birds and the...er...birds? So start saving now, girls, because they say every child will cost you over $1 million. Ouch.

No comments: