Being Citybroke is about perspective. It’s about seeing glitter in the gutter and a sense of humor when life is giving you everything you don’t exactly want and you’re hanging on for a dream that you sometimes can’t remember.
It’s not sales or survival - it’s an electronic letter from the trenches. It’s what suits who make $60K in at age 24 can’t even imagine. It’s Freedom. It’s Poverty. It’s Broken. It’s Beautiful.

Monday, November 19, 2007

Don't Let Lunch Eat Away at Your Wallet

Advice? Pack your lunch people! I did some simple calculations and if you're a constant eater-outer, you don't want to know what I figured out. Let's say you buy your lunch every day for $8 (which, for most New Yorkers, is cheap). That means in one year your will have spent $1,920 just on lunch. I pack my lunch, which I figure costs about $3 a day, which saves me on average $1,200 a year.

$1,200. Use it to take a $200 cooking class and get packing!

No comments: