Being Citybroke is about perspective. It’s about seeing glitter in the gutter and a sense of humor when life is giving you everything you don’t exactly want and you’re hanging on for a dream that you sometimes can’t remember.
It’s not sales or survival - it’s an electronic letter from the trenches. It’s what suits who make $60K in at age 24 can’t even imagine. It’s Freedom. It’s Poverty. It’s Broken. It’s Beautiful.

Thursday, November 29, 2007

I Vote for New California

Someone I wish I was related to has posted a statement on The Cronus Connection (no, I've never heard of it but I like it) proposing Americans start our own country composed of only the Blue States, and call it New California (nice). My favorite parts:

  • "You get Texas, Oklahoma and all the slave states. We get stem cell research and the best beaches.
  • We get Elliot Spitzer. You get Ken Lay.
  • We get the Statue of Liberty. You get OpryLand.
  • We get Intel and Microsoft. You get WorldCom.
  • You will have to cope with 88 percent of all obese Americans
  • 38 percent of Red states believe Jonah was actually swallowed by a whale
  • 62 percent believe life is sacred unless we're discussing the death penalty or gun laws
  • 44 percent say that evolution is only a theory
  • 53 percent that Saddam was involved in 9/11
My only question...where would we get our Wild Turkey, KFC, Waffle House, and grits? I guess I'll have to renew my passport. For the full awesome rant go here: Dear Red States

No comments: