Being Citybroke is about perspective. It’s about seeing glitter in the gutter and a sense of humor when life is giving you everything you don’t exactly want and you’re hanging on for a dream that you sometimes can’t remember.
It’s not sales or survival - it’s an electronic letter from the trenches. It’s what suits who make $60K in at age 24 can’t even imagine. It’s Freedom. It’s Poverty. It’s Broken. It’s Beautiful.

Thursday, November 8, 2007

The GendeX Mutual Fund - You are Soooo Hip!

A friend passed on an interesting post in Daily Candy today, Investing is the New Black, on the Thrasher GendeX Mutual Fund. A mutual fund advertising to the "next generation of investors", and requiring an initial minimum fee of $100, with at least a $50 contribution each month, GendeX is "developed and is managed by young adult investors for young adult investors".

Hmmmm...so people like me investing my money.

Daily Candy reads "
The fund includes some of your favorite companies (including many fashiony ones)..." Well, of course, who cares if your fund makes money, as long as the money is in the "cool" stocks. I'm not doing anything unless it's mentioned on Gossip Girl next week.

To Thrasher's credit it might be legit. I just think I need a bit info which is why I'm definitely attending the Thrasher / Daily Candy party next Thursday,
November 15 - 7-9pm at Caravan, 2 Great Jones Street. Get me drunk and full for free and I'll consider any investment strategy.


No comments: