Being Citybroke is about perspective. It’s about seeing glitter in the gutter and a sense of humor when life is giving you everything you don’t exactly want and you’re hanging on for a dream that you sometimes can’t remember.
It’s not sales or survival - it’s an electronic letter from the trenches. It’s what suits who make $60K in at age 24 can’t even imagine. It’s Freedom. It’s Poverty. It’s Broken. It’s Beautiful.

Monday, August 17, 2009

It's Back to School Time. Let's Get Cheap/


For all the twenty-somethings coping who've found themselves with the least disposable income on record, the September Vogue is a bitter pill. This year, I will not swallow.

Instead, I'm ignoring what the cool kids say and embracing a new kid of retail therapy via the world wide web. I'm going to start shopping on ebay.

When I say shopping, I really mean browsing. But you know what, it's empowering to think, "That's a nice looking pair of boots, but I'm not sold," as opposed to tooling around JCREW and thinking, "I can't even afford shoes in the kids section."

It's the primal satisfaction one finds in being withholding - even if it's ten dollars.

I'll let you know if I find anything sweet.

No comments: