Being Citybroke is about perspective. It’s about seeing glitter in the gutter and a sense of humor when life is giving you everything you don’t exactly want and you’re hanging on for a dream that you sometimes can’t remember.
It’s not sales or survival - it’s an electronic letter from the trenches. It’s what suits who make $60K in at age 24 can’t even imagine. It’s Freedom. It’s Poverty. It’s Broken. It’s Beautiful.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Day 4: I'm In The Money

Day four started off well. The BF bought me a slice of pizza and a salad last night. Free dinners are great!

Then something bad happened but then something great happened. First, I got a reminder that I had to pay my cable bill: $50. So that left me at $125.75. But then I got another email saying I'm going to be getting a work reimbursement of $85.55 (in the next five days, but still!). That puts me back up to $211.30...higher than before!

I decided to celebrate by spending $1.20 on gum.

Budget: $124.55 (until I get that work check).

No comments: