Being Citybroke is about perspective. It’s about seeing glitter in the gutter and a sense of humor when life is giving you everything you don’t exactly want and you’re hanging on for a dream that you sometimes can’t remember.
It’s not sales or survival - it’s an electronic letter from the trenches. It’s what suits who make $60K in at age 24 can’t even imagine. It’s Freedom. It’s Poverty. It’s Broken. It’s Beautiful.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Gee, Matt

I've come across something more complicated than finding a decent mattress for under $1,000; finding a GMAT tutor for under $100/h. Can you believe that?! The audacity! People are actually charging the price of a weekend out in New York to sit next to you like you're 12 and teach you how to add fractions for 60 minutes (I learned that there are 60 minutes in an hour on my own, thanks very much)?

I've decided to approach these tutors like a business partner. The negotiation guns are out. I've set my highest price at $60 an hour, and I'm not going to budge.

No comments: