Being Citybroke is about perspective. It’s about seeing glitter in the gutter and a sense of humor when life is giving you everything you don’t exactly want and you’re hanging on for a dream that you sometimes can’t remember.
It’s not sales or survival - it’s an electronic letter from the trenches. It’s what suits who make $60K in at age 24 can’t even imagine. It’s Freedom. It’s Poverty. It’s Broken. It’s Beautiful.

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

ISpend Now IBroke



After finally paying some large mid-month bills, I now have $32.65 to my name until Friday Aug 28; that's ten days away. Sadly, that's roughly $200 less than I thought I'd have.

Survival mode:

Today I'm having lunch in the New York Fed dining hall (thank you Goldman Sachs) which will get me to yoga at 6pm. At which point, my equally broke roommate and I will make a delicious recession feast. There will be tofu, vodka and frozen peas involved.

Details to follow.

No comments: