Being Citybroke is about perspective. It’s about seeing glitter in the gutter and a sense of humor when life is giving you everything you don’t exactly want and you’re hanging on for a dream that you sometimes can’t remember.
It’s not sales or survival - it’s an electronic letter from the trenches. It’s what suits who make $60K in at age 24 can’t even imagine. It’s Freedom. It’s Poverty. It’s Broken. It’s Beautiful.

Monday, March 10, 2008

How Cute, My First Credit Card

I have finally applied for my first credit card. (Ok, so I did open a Banana Republic card for the 25% discount, but I've only used it twice.) After doing some careful research I decided I was willing to get a credit card with a higher APR but better benefits. Being the frugal (some would say cheap) person I am, I know I'll never spend more than I can pay off each month. But, even with that in mind I decided against a reallly "benefit friendly" card and stayed a bit more conservative with American Express Blue. AmEx Blue has 0% APR for up to 15 months (we'll see what the "up to" actually means when I starting using it), and fixed 4.99% APR forever and ever after that. Now, I am definiatly a credit card virgin, so I might not be following warning signs, but all signs on Consumer Reports suggest that American Express Blue and Blue Cash are pretty "good" cards.

I'll let you know if I actually get approved (considering Lord and Taylor denied me just a few months ago). In the meantime, if you love your credit card let us know!

No comments: