Being Citybroke is about perspective. It’s about seeing glitter in the gutter and a sense of humor when life is giving you everything you don’t exactly want and you’re hanging on for a dream that you sometimes can’t remember.
It’s not sales or survival - it’s an electronic letter from the trenches. It’s what suits who make $60K in at age 24 can’t even imagine. It’s Freedom. It’s Poverty. It’s Broken. It’s Beautiful.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Cold Air, Worth It.


As tight-fisted as I can be, I broke down and bought a new AC on the 2nd day of summer. Not installed yet, but I slept like a baby knowing that a 56 pound Haier AC rested on the floor near my bed.

The challenge is now getting the thing in the window (?) without losing any fingers or letting the chunk of mettle fall 5 floors to the sidewalk below. I'm not very good with directions and I don't know any AC wizards so I'm open to suggestions.
I wonder if putting the thing in its place will end up costing me more money.

No comments: