Being Citybroke is about perspective. It’s about seeing glitter in the gutter and a sense of humor when life is giving you everything you don’t exactly want and you’re hanging on for a dream that you sometimes can’t remember.
It’s not sales or survival - it’s an electronic letter from the trenches. It’s what suits who make $60K in at age 24 can’t even imagine. It’s Freedom. It’s Poverty. It’s Broken. It’s Beautiful.

Friday, May 23, 2008

Eating Competition

Ok, so want to save a ton on groceries? Put yourself up to the challenge of eating everything you have in your apartment (obviously not including spices and stuff) before you do any grocery shopping. A few positives result from this: 1) you won't buy things at the store you might not love, 2) you're not wasting food by letting it spoil (what a green move!), 3) honestly, you'll find you can go about a week longer than normal before you buy groceries. I think I have about three more days until I've eaten all my food and can go shopping again. Last night I found frozen corn and peppers in my freezer, so I sauted it with chickpeas I found in my cupboard - it was great! Tomorrow I think I'll be hitting the last stretch with PB&J.

Are you up to the challenge?

No comments: